How to get to the MVT/CVT and PT
On this page you will find detailed information about
- the location of both buildings of the institute,
- how to reach us by train,
- how to reach us by car and
- about the parking facilities around the institute
Since Aachen does not have an airport directly connected to the city, flights will bring you to Düsseldorf or Cologne. From these airports you will travel to Aachen by train or car.
In case you are looking only for the central address of the institute, click here.
Location of our buildings
The Chairs are housed inside two buildings:
- The main building at the corner of Turm- and Claßenstraße accommodates the offices of the professors and of most of the PhD Students, as well as the secretariat, the chemical laboratory, the mechanical workshop and the main pilot plant station. The building's entrance is at the Claßenstr.
- The so-called Halle 2 accomodates further offices of PhD Students and a smaller pilot plant station. The entrance is at the Geschwister-Scholl-Str.
Arriving by train
The chairs are located close to the Aachen West train station (three minutes by foot, see below). There are direct trains from Düsseldorf and from Cologne to this train station. Express trains only stop at the Aachen Hauptbahnhof (main station), which is located about 10 minutes by car from the target.
From the main train station take bus No. 3A direction Ponttor and get off at bus-stop Audimax. At the bus stop walk about 50 meters following the direction of the bus, cross the traffic light at Claßenstr. and you arrive at the buildung (See Map)
Here you find the Online itinerary planner of the Deutschen Bahn AG.
Footway from the trainstation Aachen West to the CVT/MVT/PT
- Leave the train platform and turn left in the underpass.
- Turn right into the Geschwister-Scholl-Str. at the exit of the underpass.
- After approx. 250 m you see the entrance to the parking lot of the building.
Arrving by car
- Leave the expressway Autobahn A4 at the exit "Aachen Laurensberg".
- At the exit, turn in the direction of Aachen.
- Follow the four-lane way Kohlscheider Str. into the city center.
- After the first traffic light, its name changes to Roermonder Str.
- After about 3 km you see the Ponttor, which is a medieval city gate, in front of you.
- Turn right at the ponttor.
- The building is located just behind the second traffic light on the right handside of the street, at the corner of Turmstr. and Claßenstr. You can read "Verfahrenstechnik" on the building's front
Parking facilities near the institute
On weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
Use the parking garage of the RWTH, which is free of charge. The following description leads you directly from the CVT/MVT/PT (directions above) to the parking garage.
- Drive on straight ahead on Turmstraße, passing the building of CVT/MVT/PT.
- Turn right after the bridge, into the Prof.-Pirlet-Straße.
- After 150 m you find the entrance to the parking garage of the RWTH on your right.