- Phone: +32 (0) 4 366-3521
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|since 2014||Full professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering of the University of Liège|
|2011-2014||Full professor at the Institute of Chemical Engineering and Environmental
Technology of the Graz University of Technology
|1995-2011||Full professor, head of Aachener Verfahrenstechnik - Thermal Process Engineering (now AVT.FVT) at the RWTH Aachen University|
|1995||Habilitation in the Faculty of Chemistry of the Technical University of Darmstadt.
Title of the thesis: Separation and purification of biomolecules with the help of aqueous two-phase systems.
|1991||Supported by the Dr. Otto Röhm Memorial Foundation|
|1988-1995||Research assistant at the Institute for Chemical Technology of the Technical
University of Darmstadt in the group of Professor Dr.-Ing. J. Gaube
|1988||Friedrich-Wilhelm prize of the RWTH Aachen University|
|1988||Borchers prize of the RWTH Aachen University|
|1988||Research assistant at the Institute for Thermo and Fluid Dynamics of the Ruhr-University Bochum in the group of Professor Dr. F. Kohler|
|1987||Ph.D. at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the RWTH Aachen University.
Title of the dissertation: On the development of a three-parameter equation of state based on the accurate description of the hard-sphere system.
|1985-1987||Research assistant at the Chair II for Chemical Engineering at the RWTH Aachen University in the group of Professor Dr.-Ing. H. Hartmann|
|1984-1985||Project work with Professor Dr. J.M. Prausnitz at the University of California, Berkeley, California|
|1981||Scholarship by the German National Merit Foundation|
|1979-1984||Studied mechanical engineering, specialization in chemical engineering at the RWTH Aachen University|
- Experiments and design models for liquid-liquid extraction based on single-drop experiments
- Modelling of phase separators for separation of dispersions as well as coalescers for secondary dispersions
- Experimental and theoretical investigations on distillation
- Mass transfer in homogeneous systems and across interfaces
- Thermodynamics of strongly non-ideal mixtures
- Exergetic evaluation of processes, systematic process design, global balances