KU Leuven, Belgium
Each year, two students get the opportunity to study at Department of Chemical Engineering of the KU Leuven in Leuven for up to ten months as part of the ERASMUS exchange program, which is funded by the European Union. This exchange program is particularly well suited for students at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level in one of the following subjects:
- Mechanical Engineering with specialization in process engineering
- Computational Engineering Science
- Industrial Engineering with specialization in process engineering
- Environmental Process Engineering
The KU Leuven was originally founded in 1425 and was thus the the first university in Belgium. The university ranks consistently among the Top 100 universities worldwide. The Deparment of Chemical Engineering is focused on the three research topics „Chemical and biochemical process technology and control“, „Sustainable process design and chemical process technology for the environment“ and „ Chemical product design, rheology and soft matter engineering“. The campus is located in the lies in the heart of the city Leuven, which is known for its especially beautiful cityscape. Furthermore, in Leuven headquarters of Anheuser-Busch InBev – the worldwide biggest brewery group.
Deadlines for this program
- 31th of January for applications for the following winter and summer semester or exclusively for either the following winter semester or the summer semester of the next year
- 15th of April for applications for remaining spots for the following summer semester
You can apply for this program by using the MoveON-Portal of the faculty.
Further information on the ERASMUS program can be found on the website of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.