Coating of ion exchange membranes for selective water treatment
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Focus/Key Topic:
- experimental / constructive
- any time
Water treatment processes have a wide variety of possible applications. Apart from the desalination of water, for example for the use as drinking water, the application for a wide range of tasks in industry is possible. At the Chair of Chemical Process Engineering we are working on new membrane based water desalination process.
For many applications membranes which are selective for certain ion types are needed. The scope of this thesis will be to modify membranes and characterize them with different methods regarding their selectivity and mass transport mechanisms.
The work offers you:
- Introduction of your own ideas into a very exciting and active research field
- An extensive supervision
- Systematic approach to scientific research
- Interest in practical work and experiments
- Curiosity, interest at in learning about new areas (electrochemistry)
- Accurate and autonomous way of working
If the topic catches your interest or you have questions please contact me. We can also meet in person if you would like to have more information. The extent of the thesis can be adjusted depending on whether you need to do a bachelor's or master's thesis.