Backwashable Nanofiltration Membranes
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Focus/Key Topic:
The usage of energy efficient membrane processes especially for desalination and air humidification / drying has increased significantly over the past decades. Currently, flat sheet composite membranes are used in those fields.
In comparison to hollow fiber membranes, flat sheet membranes are not back washable which results in short usage times and higher membrane consumption due to frequent module replacement. Additionally, the production process of flat sheet composite membranes which consists of multiple steps is economically disadvantageous.
The aim of the project is the development of a back washable, functionalized hollow fiber membrane with controlled properties for desalination.
- Production of hollow fiber membranes using a single stage process
- Module fabrication
- Characterization of the membranes
You are gaining:
- Sound knowledge in membrane production and characterization
- Experience in working in a research environment
- Collaboration in an innovative project with industrial application
If this project has attracted your interest and you want to learn more about the subject, don't hesitate to contact me for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org).