Tailor made membrane characteritics from generative nanofabrication
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis / Projectthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
The importance of membraneprocesses as an energy efficient and recource saving separation process is gainig over the established seperation methods. Nanofiltration and reverse osmosis are used in water and wastewater treatment, but also to recycle valuable materials in industry processes.
Through "layer by layer" (LbL) coating of polyelectrolytes on a ultrafiltration supportmembrane, membranecharacteristics can be tuned from nanofiltration to reverse osmosis. This makes an individiual development of a membrane for a given seperation task possible.
In this work different coating parameters and their effects on the membrane characteristics should be investigated.
The work provides you:
• intensive knowledge in LbL coating
• insight in a relevant, interesting research topic
• experience in laboratary work • extensive support
You should offer:
• interest in experimental work
• systematical and indepedent working attitude