Filter your Membrane: Smart Membranes made from Microgels
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
Microgels consist of weakly cross-linked macromolecules and can be used for the targeted release of active substances, in catalysis or for the immobilization of biomolecules. They have the special property of actively reacting to an external stimulus and thereby changing their size and density. In the work outlined here, these properties are used to produce novel switchable microgel-based membranes. The performance and switchability of these membranes will be determined afterwards in filtration experiments.
Potential applications of these membranes are in the field of targeted drug release or in enzymatic reaction systems.
The work includes:
• Synthesis of microgel membranes
• Setting up a test plan to determine important parameters
• Membrane Characterization
• Intensive care
• Interdisciplinary working environment
• Room for your own ideas
• Flexible and innovative working atmosphere
If you are interested in this work and would like to know more about it, just drop me an e-mail or call me:
Tel .: 0241 80 29944