Building an Artificial Brain
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis / Projectthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
- experimental / constructive / simulativ
Artificial neural networks are being applied to increasingly complex problems like automatic object recognition in video or the optimization of membrane processes. Compared to the implementation of such networks on common computing architectures, natural neural networks like the human brain show significantly higher degrees of parallelism and connectivity, while requiring only a fraction of the energy to operate.
In order to leverage these properties and to create more life like neural networks, synaptic plasticity can be implemented trough ion transport in polymer electronic devices.
This thesis will focus on the synthesis and improvement of the organic components in such a neural network. Ultimately a simple system with ability to learn can be implemented.
- Lab experience
- An interesting project with lots of challenges
- Intense mentoring
- You should be open minded and enjoy working in a team!
- You should study engineering, chemistry or a related field
- Ability to communicate in English
Feel free to give me a call, send an email or come by my office!
Chemische Verfahrenstechnik (AVT.CVT) | DWI Leibniz Institut
Forckenbeckstraße 50, Raum 2.56
Tel: +49 241 80 29949