Simulation of ion transport throgh layer by layer nanofiltration membranes
Due to continuously growing population, water purification membrane technologies are gaining more and more interest. Nanofiltration is the membrane technology, which nowadays has become a field of intensive research. In order to run Nanofiltration process with the highest efficiency, the mechanism of ions transport through Nanofiltration membranes should be simulated and well understood.
This thesis investigates ion transport through Layer-by-layer Nanofiltration membranes of different structures. The task is to model the ions transport through such membranes and to understand the transport mechanisms behind. The simulation results will be analyzed and validated by experimental results.
You will learn:
- How to simulate ions transport in COMSOL Multiphysics software
- How to analyze the influence of membrane fabrication parameters on ions transport
- How to combine simulation results with experimental data
What we expect from you:
- Willingness to learn Comsol Multiphysics software
- Interest in simulative research
- Structured and diligent way of working