Novel fabrication process of nanofiltration membranes
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Focus/Key Topic:
Membrane processes have applications in many different industrial processes because they consume less energy compared to conventional separation technologies such as evaporation. Reverse osmosis and nanofiltration membranes are more and more used in water desalination and drinking water treatment. However, the application of nanofiltration membranes is still expensive due to a complex fabrication process that includes various post treatment steps and therefore has high costs.
The goal of the thesis is to simplify and to reduce the cost of the fabrication process of nanofiltration membranes. We use process integration to include fabrication and post treatment steps in a one-step fabrication process.
This thesis includes the following working packages:
- Fabrication and characterization of nanofiltration membranes with a one-step process
- Optimization of fabrication parameters based on the first results
This thesis offers you:
- Fundamental knowledge about the application of nanofiltration membranes
- Fundamental knowledge about fabrication and characterization of membranes
- Working experience in an industrial project
- A comprehensive mentoring
What you should bring:
- Interest in membrane processes
- Working reliably and independently
- Practical knowledge in the lab (ideally)
You are interested? Contact me and we discuss the topic in detail. (firstname.lastname@example.org).