Reactor design - for better electrodes by 3D-printing
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis / Projectthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
Plastic materials are omnipresent in our every-day life, therefore the devolopment of a sustainable production process is of great importance. This project gives an insight in industrial-close and red-hot research.
A new approach is the electrochemical synthesis of starting materials for plastic industry. Therefore, suitable electrodes are necessary. The task is the development and construction of a reactor for electrode functionalization with 3D printing. Additionally, the influence of different flow geometries of the flow channel are investigated.
This project offers:
- work in an exciting, sustatinable, industrial relevant and red-hot research topic.
- extensive supervision
- a systematic approach towards scientific questions
- Knowledge in electrochemistry and reactor design
- have fun conducting experiments and/or constructive work
- be curious and motivated to learn the ropes of new topics (electrochemical engineering)
- should have experience with Inventor
- work carefully and independent
Interested? Contact me and we can discuss further details in person. The topic can be adapted concidering the type of your thesis or project.