Simulation of weak electrolytes through multilayer Nanofiltration membrane
Due to continuously growing population, water purification membrane technologies are gaining more and more interest. Nanofiltration is the membrane technology, which nowadays has become a field of intensive research. In order to run Nanofiltration process with the highest efficiency, the mechanism of ions transport through Nanofiltration membranes should be simulated and well understood.
This Masters thesis investigates ions transport of weak electrolytes through multilayer Nanofiltration membranes of different structures. The task is to model the transport of inorganic species through such membranes and to understand the mechanisms behind. Dependence of transport on the solution pH as well as the membrane properties will also be studied.
You will learn:
- How to simulate ions transport in COMSOL Multiphysics software
- How to analyze the influence of membrane fabrication parameters on ions transport
- How to combine simulation results with experimental data
What we expect from you:
- Willingness to learn Comsol Multiphysics software
- Interest in simulative research
- Structured and diligent way of working