Ammonia synthesis by nitrogen redution using electrochemical membrane reactor
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Focus/Key Topic:
- 13. 06. 2019
Ammonia NH3 is one of the most important chemicals in the world. Approximately 80% of the NH3 produced used as a fertilizer to supply the world's population with sufficient food. However, as the conventional ammonia synthesizing technology, Haber Bosch process is one of the largest energy users with a huge amount of CO2 emission. A more environmentally friendly alternative method is desirable in order to be able to produce NH3 in a sustainable and environmentally compatible manner, for example, an electrochemical membrane reactor （ECMR). For this purpose, the effective catalyst loaded electrode was developed in ECMR for ammonia synthesis.
The work offers you:
- Introduction of your own ideas into a very exciting and active research field
- An extensive supervision
- Systematic approach to scientific research
You should have:
- Interest in practical work and experiments
- Curiosity, interest at in learning about new areas (electrochemistry)
- Accurate and autonomous way of working
If the topic catches your interest or you have questions please contact me. We can also meet in person if you would like to have more information.