Flow synthesis of high performance polymers
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
In the chemical industry, more complex processes or processes with lower production quantities are increasingly being implemented in continuous reactors. Compared to batch reactors continuous reactors have many advantages: There is no need for set-up and cleaning times between the batches. There are no variations in the product quality between different batches, heat and mass transfer is higher and the amount of hazardous substances in the process is less.
Therefore, a continuous flow reactor and a synthesis process for gas-liquid reactions are to be developed in this work.
- Development of a lab scale flow reactor
- Start-up of the reactor and first reaction experiments
- Product analysis
What you should bring:
- interest in design and experimental work
- (first) experience in lab work
- motivation to generate and realise new ideas
What we offer:
- practical work in the lab
- work on innovative, interdisciplinary research topics
- comprehensive supervision
If you are interested in this thesis just contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We can discuss further questions in a quick chat and I can show you around the institute.